Anyone able to assist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .Jock, 31 May 2018.

1. .Jock

.Jock New Member

Judging by the dates of the last threads in here, I'm guessing this is a bit of a long shot, but I'll give it a try.

Basically, I've been out of amateur radio for almost 20 years apart from the rare time I've accessed repeaters.

After a recent trip home and charring with some old amateur friends, I realise that what used to excite and interest me, has long since died and I'd like to revive the interest.

I could go and trawl the internet, reading up on all sorts of technology, but my primary interest in amateur radio was in digital transmission - now I see DMR, D-Star and various other technologies around, so I'm looking for some assistance.

I'm looking for someone around the Kingston upon Hull area to spend maybe an hour or so with just going through the basics of the "new" digital modes.

Any takers?

2. .Jock

.Jock New Member

Just an add-on to the original post - I've finally managed to get my Kenwood TH-D74E connected to D-Star - at least I think I managed it - so if anyone hears G6WQH on GB7HU, let me know you can hear me!