GB7HU Joins the Worldwide D-Star Network!

Discussion in 'News' started by Andy G0VRM, 19 July 2011.

By Andy G0VRM on 19 July 2011 at 04:59
  1. Andy G0VRM

Andy G0VRM Active Member
    Committee Member

GB7HU Joins the Worldwide D-Star Network!

After working into the small hours, Darren Storer (G7LWT) of the UK Interconnect Team has installed the Icom Gateway Software onto our Gateway PC. The system has been approved by the Trust Server Team in the US and our D-Star Repeater GB7HU has joined the Worldwide D-Star Network. The D-Plus system which allows the system to link into other D-Star Repeaters and Reflectors worldwide is currently being installed, and should be operational by the time you read this thread...

I will be creating the training material and the .ICF files for the Icom IC-E92D handheld and Icom IC-E2820 mobile over the next few days to enable everyone use the system to its full potential. 

Thanks go to Darren G7LWT for configuring the system in record time, and to Clive G3GJA for putting the wireless infrastructure in place to allow GB7HU to use his Internet connection from Anlaby at no additional cost to the group - something which is becoming an issue to the many D-Star repeaters around the UK.

73 de Andy

M0LDR likes this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Andy G0VRM, 19 July 2011.

1. Ray Lindgren
      Ray Lindgren
      i would like to thank you all for the hard work that you all put into getting the dstar up and running. please may i ask if you could include training material for the ID-E880 in with the other icf. Thanks ones again Ray 2e0vls.
    2. Andy G0VRM
      Andy G0VRM
      Several members locally, including myself, have an ID-E880. In my opinion, these radios are better suited to mobile use having a larger display for received messages and simpler to operate for emergency communications than the IC-E2820 - The only downside is that they require a serial "GPS Mouse" if you want use them for vehicle tracking which is currently a work in progress... 73 de Andy G0VRM